Top ten things I learned at my last HOA meeting
1. Nobody likes the bylaws.
2. That’s good, cause it will take 90% of all homeowners to change any bylaw.
3. The best way make your HOA awesome is to get involved, so join a committee.
4. There are relatively no functioning committees.
5. That’s okay, because even though hundreds of people turn out when there’s an event with prizes or free food, only 5 want to be part of a committee anyway. Nobody wants to chair one.
6. One functioning committee will start giving away prizes or free food at planning meetings as a desperate attempt to boost participation.
7. The best way to solve common neighborly disputes is to call the police.
8. If you want something done quickly, do it yourself.
9. If you do it yourself, you might get sued.
10. It really is possible to talk for 2 hours about mowing lawns no one wants to mow.